Project Development and Research

After drawing a few initial sketches, I decided to do a research  about cubism in  architecture. It is very important because my project is related to this style and I need to deepen my knowlede and develop my inititial idea.

Cubism in architecture has existed for many years and interesting designs are still being created. The Czech Republic turned out to be a very important place for this style, and it is quite specific. They had a great contribution to the development of cubism in the architecture of the twentieth century, and even later created their own style called Rondocubism.



                                  The House at the Black Madonna (1911-1912) by Josef Gocar

The House at the Black Madonna is one of the first cubism building in Prague. It is located in the historic old town, therefore the form is similar to the neighboring buildings, but it has new cubic ideas in it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location-Port Praski