Major Project research

 For my major project I start to looking for additional research, and  example of some architects that inspire me, as I looking for similar constructions. I started to think about the shape of the building that would fit in with the surroundings. I found an innovative structure called a doubly curved concrete roof, which was invented by ETH Zurich in collaboration with industry partners. The shape of such a roof gives a lot o open space and gives the impression of lightness, even though it is made of concrete.

                                                        
                                                            doubly curved concrete roof 

I did also some sketches 









 
In my project I am going to insert light strips between concrete, which will be made of plexiglass, acrylic glass or polycarbonate. I added also transparent roof ideas research, as there is a many types of glass. I believe that the shape of such a structure will fit perfectly between modern and historic buildings, including Magazine Gateway.
There some more examples of constructions that are related to my idea:



                                                               
                                                              Coastlands Aquatic Centre





                                                         Shenzhen Bay Sports Center




                                               Autobahn Church Siegerland - Schneider




                                                                        Ateliê Wäls

Comments

  1. Again here you have added an introduction but included no references or actual research. This is not helped by the fact that you are discussing your major project but have not posted your major project initial ideas, milanote or project sign off and planning. Please add missing work

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Location-Port Praski