Welcome post term 3

 Welcome back in our third and last term in this year. I spend the break between the terms resting and I visited Wales and Liverpool. I had a plan to go to the top of the highest mountain in Wales, Snowdon, but the weather spoiled my plans. Still, the views were great and I want to visit this place again. Also visited Liverpool for the first time and visited the Museum of Liverpool, where I found many interesting exhibits. Of course, I was most interested in Dioramas of old Liverpool, the docks and other. On the second floor I found a room in which a historic tenement house from previous era was build with the room and courtyard and  all details. It turned out that people lived then in very narrow buildings and they were really very close to each other. This made it very dark there, even during the day.




History of the docks

museum

Comments

  1. This paragraph is a really good start.....and then it stops! I want to hear more about the Liverpool tenement buildings, or hear you talk about similar housing projects in Poland, or the progress we have made over the past 50/60 years in social housing. Find links, make connections!!!

    Take a step forward this term, Adam, think about all aspects of the subjects you are writing about. Edit this post and update what you have here already. Below is a link to some images of the earlier tenement constructions - from about the 1930's. Have a look at this and add it to your sources at the end of the post: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/gallery/rise-fall-liverpools-lost-tenements-20318223

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Location-Port Praski