Life Drawing One

 These are my sketches from the first life drawing workshops in this term. This time I used a variety of medium. For the warm up sketches I used pencils (2B, 3B and 5B). These warm up sketches were one minute drawings and 30 seconds drawings, so we had to build up the body using shapes and geometric figures only, and do it very fast.  Next task was continuous line drawings, for what I used pencils as well.  We did also opposite hand drawing, which was quite a funny experience, because as a left-handed person, it was difficult to draw a line in the same way as when I was drawing using my left hand.

After that we did two 20 minutes sketches, where we had more time to add many details. 

For the first one, I changed my medium and I used a charcoal. This allowed me to use other techniques, such as smudging or rubbing. In this way I build the figure by creating lights and shadows and then adding details.

My last drawing I made using colour pastes, what I find most challenging, as I don't have too much experience using this medium. I find it difficult to work with colours, especially pastels.

Summarizing I am concluding, that which each next sketch I am learning  and discovering something new. With every next sketch I am developing my drawing skills.


 
























Comments

  1. Excellent examples from this session, Adam, well done. High quality. Always with a post like this, link it back to your project - talk about the need for practise and how important it is for you to develop your drawing skills as an Architect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also you can link this to the work of another artist - have a look at the work f Euan uglow - how he used structure and space in his work: https://www.browseanddarby.co.uk/artists/euan-uglow/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Location-Port Praski