Welcome Post

Hello, my name is Adam Borek. I graduated from the Secondary School of Fine Arts in Poland. I have always enjoyed drawing, painting and sculpting. I participated in several  artistic projects like creating a Diorama of the ancient city for the Museum. I like to paint the landscapes and drawing portraits. I made murals for private entrepreneurs, but architecture is my true passion. I am interested in both ancient and modern styles, as well as various issues related to this direction. I am a student of De Montfort University in Leicester in Art and Design, and my progressive route is Architecture. I am open to new challenges, and willing to develop my skills.

One of my favorite modern architects is Daniel Libeskind, whose work can be found all over the world. I would like to present his design of a Shopping Centre in the capital of Poland - Warsaw, called Golden Terraces.


                                



                                                                 
                                               Golden Terraces in Warsaw by Daniel Libeskind



Located on a 7.8-acre site in the city center, opposite the central train station, Golden Terraces is serving as the center of the city's proposed new high-rise district. Golden terraces are inspired by Warsaw's historic urban parks, which were spared from the otherwise total destruction of the city during World War II. The preserved historic parks form a centuries old "necklace" of green "pearls" through the city. This structure is projected as a lively indoor and outdoor urban environment with generous open spaces that are reminiscent of the city's great parks.
Designed as an extension of the park, the plaza is enclosed by an innovative glass roof with an undulating surface inspired by the tree canopies crowing the city's historic parks. The thin glass roof creates the feeling of being outdoors while providing weather protection during the winter cold.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location-Port Praski